If you are looking for local independent pension advice in Manchester then speak to our pension team at Suttons Independent Financial Advisers.
Whether you are looking for a Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) or pension drawdown we will be happy to discuss your needs.
As experienced pension advisers in Manchester we will walk you through the pensions landscape and help you answer that commonly asked question “how much do I need to retire comfortably?”.
We are independent which means that we work for you and not the providers of pensions. As such, we are not restricted by company or product in choosing the right solution to meet your individual pension requirements.
As an independent pension adviser, we assess your needs, complete a research process and provide a justified recommendation taking into account the current providers in the market.
Wherever you are on your journey – from taking out a first-time pension, consolidating an existing pension, researching how to obtain income from a pension plan (an annuity) or considering drawing down income – we’ll be your guide.
We’ll offer you an initial no-risk, no-obligation, free independent pension consultation. Following this meeting we will develop a personal proposal outlining a solution to your stated needs.
Mortgage advice in Manchester
Wherever you are based in Greater Manchester we will be happy to discuss your local mortgage advice needs, for example:
Bolton – Blackrod, Farnworth, Horwich, Kearsley, Little Lever, Turton and West Houghton
Bury – Prestwich, Radcliffe, Ramsbottom, Tottington, Whitefield
Manchester – Blackley, Cheetham Hill, Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Didsbury, Ringway, Withington and Wythenshawe
Oldham – Chadderton, Crompton, Failsworth, Lees, Royton, Saddleworth and Shaw
Rochdale – Heywood, Littleborough, Middleton, Milnrow, Newhey and Wardle
Salford – Eccles, Cadishead, Clifton, Irlam, Little Hulton, Monton, Salford, Swinton, Paticroft, Pendlebury, Walkden and Worsley
Stockport – Bramhall, Bredbury, Cheadle, Gatley, Hazel Grove, Marple and Romiley
Tameside – Ashton under Lyne, Audenshaw, Denton, Droylsden, Dukinfield, Hyde, Longdendale, Mossley and Stalybridge
Trafford – Altrincham, Bowdon, Bucklow, Carrington, Dunham Massey, Hale, Partington, Sale, Stretford, Urmston and Warburton
Wigan – Abram, Ashton in Makerfield, Aspull, Astley, Atherton, Billinge, Golborne, Hindley, Ince, Leigh, Orrell, Shevington, Standish, Tyldesley and Winstanley
Independent pension advice
Suttons Independent Financial Advisers are a truly independent provider of pensions and have access to the “whole of market”. This means that we have no affiliation to a particular provider and are here to provide you with the best pension, tailored to your personal requirements.
Your personal adviser will be happy to discuss your pension journey, including:
- Your current situation
- Your retirement aspirations
- Your options to get there
- Your transition to retirement
- Taking action to future financial freedom and a happy retirement
In addition, we can assist you with wider financial planning services including investment advice, life insurance, income protection, critical illness cover, will writing and inheritance tax planning.
To start to understand your needs we’ll be happy to discuss a range of range of issues at your free initial pension consultation, such as:
Your personal circumstances
- Your age and when you would like to retire
- Whether you are single, with a partner or married
Your employment situation
- Are you employed or self-employed?
- Will your employer / company be contributing towards your pension?
Your financial situation
- From a budgeting perspective, how much can you make in pension contributions taking into account any current debt payments, household bills and lifestyle costs?
- Are you interested in investing a lump sum, making regular monthly contributions or a mix of the two?
- Do you have any existing pension plan(s) in place?
- Will you need help to tracing old pensions that you can’t track down?
- Do you have other assets or other income streams (e.g., buy to let, business investments, property, ISAs or saving plans)?
Your investment plans
- Your attitude to investment risk given your age and retirement plans
Your future plans
- How much income would like in your retirement?
- Do you plan to work part-time or work during your retirement?
- Will you be looking for cash lump sums (income drawdown)?
- Would you like to leave an inheritance?
- Who would you like to support during your retirement (e.g., partner, children, parents)?
- Would you like the income to be inflation proof?
- Will you require ongoing income and tax planning advice?
This is a two-way process and you will probably have your own questions for us, such as:
- Is there a rule-of-thumb for pension savings as a percentage of my income?
- How do I calculate my pension tax relief calculations based on my current earnings (as a basic-rate, higher-rate or top-rate tax payer)?
- How do I calculate the tax associated with paying in a lump sum into my retirement pot?
- What are my annual contribution limits to my pension?
- How do I track my pension value and its growth?
- Is there a lifetime limit on the size of my retirement savings before I have to pay a tax charge?
- What are the benefits of pensions verses savings, property, ISAs and investments?
This list is not exhaustive and we’ll be happy to discuss complicated scenarios such as poor credit rating or if you receive an ongoing income from a mix of sources (work, dividends, investments).
Your on-going pension planning
There are common issues you may want to discuss with us as you travel on your journey to towards retirement, for example:
- Pension drawdown
- Tax planning
- Working part time during retirement
- Receiving other income streams alongside your retirement savings
- Inheritance tax planning
We believe good financial advice is also a commitment to establishing a long-term relationship with you and being there to answer your questions along your journey.
Be prepared for the future with Financial Protection
If you are concerned that Ill health, injury, unemployment or death could affect your family’s future ability paying bills, providing for children or pay a mortgage then we are also able to discuss financial protection, such as:
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- Critical Illness Cover
- Key Person Cover and Business Loan Protection Cover
- Private Medical Cover.
We also own and manage Sports Financial Services (www.sports-fs.co.uk) so are able to provide specialist financial protection advice if you engage in hazardous sports and occupations.
Pensions advice: trust and credibility
We believe we offer a great pension service and you can check out our reviews on Vouched For here:
Ben Preston – Chartered Financial Planner
Lisa Davies – Independent Financial Adviser
If you are thinking of taking out a pension or seeking advice on a pension please contact:
We recognise that the traditional 9am to 5pm does not always suit the modern times – so rest assured we are happy to communicate at times that suit your busy lifestyle (just let us know the time and day that suits you).
We’ll be happy to discuss your needs face to face at our office (a beautifully converted chapel) in South Manchester, by telephone, by video call, at your workplace or at your home.